WHAT IS NEEDED FOR A CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY
1. Certificate of Compliance (Cape May County Health Dept.) This is the approval for the septic and well.
2. All final inspections have been completed and approved.
3. “As built” survey locating the exact location of building on lot and elevation certificate if property is in an “A5” flood zone.
4. Certification of pilings by a licensed engineer, if structure is on pilings.
5. Home owner’s warranty (if contractor built)
6. Complete and sign form F-270B, application for certificate of occupancy. This must be submitted
5 days prior to the issuance of the certificate of occupancy.
7. Certificate of Compliance from Cape Atlantic Soil Conservation.
8. All construction debris must be removed and receipts provided.