– Tax bills are mailed in July and the 3rd quarter payment is due August 1st. If you have a mortgage company escrowing for taxes and they do not receive a copy of the tax bill from the Tax Office it is the owners responsibility to see that they get a copy. If a mortgage company sends payment without the original tax bill a $5.00 duplicate bill fee must be sent for each property.
– Taxes are due and payable quarterly on the first of February, May August and November. There is a 10-day grace period for each quarter. If payments are made after the grace period interest will be charged as of the due date. To pay a tax bill in full, add the four numbered stubs provided on the tax bill.
The State of New Jersey does not permit postmark. Taxes must be received in the Collector’s Office on or before the 10th. However, if the 10th falls on a weekend or Legal Holiday, you have until the next business day to make payment without interest.
– Interest will be charged at the rate of 8% per annum up to $1500.00 of the delinquency and 18% per annum over $1500.00 until taxes are current.
– Please notify Collector of Address change by phone, mail or fax. Tax bills are to be forwarded upon sale of a property between buyer and seller. Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve the owner from paying taxes. Interest will be applied to all late payments. Please contact this office if you need a copy of your tax bill.
– To receive a receipt for a payment, please included the entire tax bill with a stamped self-addressed envelope. Otherwise, detach the appropriate stub and mail with your check. The cancelled check will be your receipt.
– $20.00 charge for checks returned by bank. The Township does not redeposit returned checks.
– If you do not receive a tax bill, please contact the Tax Office.
– WHAT IF I HAVE A LIEN ON MY PROPERTY?
We need a written request requesting to satisfy the lien, this may be faxed (609-463-1068) or emailed. We will then send a “request for lien redemption “ form that must be completed and faxed or emailed to our office. We will then prepare a lien redemption statement with instructions and return to you. All payments for redemptions must be by certified funds, cash or money order.
Faxes and emails are processed in the order they are received.
THE AMOUNT LISTED IN THE OPEN LIEN PORTION OF THE ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION IS FOR VIEWING PURPOSES ONLY – IT IS NOT THE AMOUNT NEEDED TO SATISFY THE LIEN
The following is a quotation from R.S. 54:4-64:
“The validity of any Tax Assessment, or the time at which it shall be payable, shall not be affected by the failure of a taxpayer to receive a bill, but every taxpayer is put upon notice to ascertain from the proper official of the taxing district the amount which may be due for taxes or assessments against him or his property”.