2020 Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of the Month 6:30 pm
(except for dates noted **)
Upstairs Conference Room of Township Hall
January 15, 2020
February 19, 2020
March 18, 2020 – CANCELLED
April 15, 2020 – CANCELLED
May 20, 2020 – CANCELLED
June 17, 2020
July – No Meeting
August – No Meeting
September 16, 2020
October 21, 2020
November 18, 2020
December – No Meeting
Click above date for the Minutes from that meeting
Click on logo above for information
MIDDLE TOWNSHIP ENVIRONMENTAL COMMISSION MISSION STATEMENT
The Middle Township Environmental Commission (MTEC) was created to pursue a mission of fostering environmental awareness, understanding and appreciation in order to protect and sustain our municipality’s abundant natural resources, which enhance quality of life for our residents and seasonal visitors. Our goals are to advocate for the long-term protection of Middle Township’s natural resources, support the Township’s pursuit of sustainability, and to be an environmental education resource for all citizens.
MTEC’s PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Advising the Township Committee, Planning Board and Zoning Board about open-space preservation and sustainable municipal policies and practices.
- Educating residents about environmental issues through programs, meetings, publications and news releases.
- Working with neighboring commissions and other organizations, including the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Soil Conservation Districts, local planning boards, boards of health and utilities authorities.
- Making well-researched recommendations regarding the Township’s pursuit of alternative energy solutions, energy conservation and renewable energy resources based on the Township’s 2010 Energy Audit.
- Making well-researched recommendations related to local environmental issues, including: solid waste management and recycling; clean water resources; storm water management; air, noise and light pollution control; preservation and use of parks and other open spaces; land use; and protection of flora, fauna, soil and landscape, per the Township’s Master Plan Land Use Update, adopted July 2010.
- Maintaining and updating the Township’s Natural Resource Inventory (NRI), conducted November 2007 and revised May 2010.
The MTEC is empowered to:
- Make recommendations regarding environmental policy and land use to the Township Committee, Planning Board and Zoning Board.
- Advise the Township with regard to water resource management, pollution control, solid waste management, noise control, soil and landscape protection, environmental appearance, protection of flora and fauna, alternative energy solutions and other issues of an environmentally sensitive nature.
- Educate and inform residents about ways to help protect the environment.